Few things feel better than stepping outdoors and feeling the sun on your face. These moments can be days at the beach, and exercising outdoors, and sitting in open spaces for concerts and ball games.
Add up too many of these magic moments,, and soon those sunny seconds turn into hours of exposure. Cumulatively, over time, the minutes we spend in the sun every day start to damage and age our skin.
Fortunately, there are treatments available for many types of sun damage. With a little treatment, care and prevention, you will be glowing again as a healthier, younger-looking you!
Signs of Sun Damage
Common signs of sun damage include:
- Dry skin
- Uneven tone and brown spots
- Wrinkles and lines
- Sagging or deflated skin as sun damage breaks down collagen
- Actinic keratosis — Tiny bumps of sun-damaged skin that appear pink, red, yellow or brownish in color.
Diagnosing Sun Damage
A skin examination and assessment are usually all we need to identify sun damage. In severe cases, a biopsy is recommended to rule out skin cancer.
Treatments for Sun Damage
Forever Young BBL™ uses broadband light therapy, the next generation of Intense Pulse Light (IPL).
Forever Young BBL™ delivers light energy to stimulate the skin’s natural regeneration. As new skin cells come to the surface, skin looks younger, smoother and more evenly toned. In a Stanford Study, BBL™ light therapy was found to go into the deeper layers of skin and change the gene expression to create younger cells.
Sun damage, signs of aging, discoloration and more all respond remarkably well to BBL™.
Forever Young BBL™ is FDA approved and an effective treatment for:
- Visible signs of sun damage such as skin discoloration, age spots and freckles.
- Visible broken capillaries
- Mild to moderate acne
- Visible signs of aging, including fine lines and wrinkles.
- An overall loss of firmness.
Blush creates customized chemical peels to treat a wide range of skincare concerns, including signs of sun damage. These treatments can be formulated in a spectrum of strengths and are a perfect first step in achieving your skincare goals.
Custom chemical peels effectively treat:
- Melasma from pregnancy or hormone fluctuations
- Skin discolorations
- Uneven skin tone and texture
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Visible signs of sun damage
- Acne and post-acne pigmented scars
Halo™ laser treatment works with your body’s natural responses to give you an overall glow with minimal downtime. Halo™ is safe and effective for all skin tones and is a great choice for improving the appearance of sun-damaged skin.
Halo can be used to treat any areas of the body that are showing the signs of sun damage, including the chest, hands and arms.
Halo successfully improves conditions such as:
- Overall sun damage
- Uneven skin tone
- Poor skin texture
- Visible signs of aging
- The appearance of acne and other types of scars
- Enlarged pores
Microneedling and Micro-Infusion Facials
Microneedling jump-starts the natural healing abilities of the skin by creating thousands of tiny holes to stimulate the production of new collagen and elastin. New collagen smooths and plumps your skin from the inside out. Elastin helps keep the skin taut to prevent wrinkles and sagging. Microneedling allows your skincare products to penetrate more deeply. After microneedling, many patients find their routine skincare products work more effectively than prior to microneedling.
A Micro-Infusion Facial goes a step further to treat the skin, delivering elements to the deeper layers of skin through micro-channels. During microneedling, personalized formulas are applied and soak into the deeper layers where your skin is generating new cells.
Preventing Sun Damage
Maintaining your new, younger-looking skin means protecting it from further sun damage!
- Apply sunscreen with a 30 SPF or higher before you go outdoors. Look for products with a broad spectrum of protection against both UV-A and UV-B rays.
- Use a 20 SPF lip balm.
- Limit time outdoors during midday peak sun hours.
- Protect your eyes with UV light protection sunglasses.
- Wear protective clothing such as long pants, long-sleeved shirts and a wide-brimmed hat to protect your face and neck.
- Check the labels on medicines and skincare products to see if they will make your skin more vulnerable to damage from sunlight.
If your skin shows signs of soaking up too much sun, take action! Treating sun damage is important to the appearance and overall health of your skin. Contact Blush today and schedule your consultation!